Sharpened restrictions in Östergötland and Norrköping
Thursday October 29th, Folkhälsomyndigheten (The Swedish Public Health Agency), in consultation with Region Östergötland och Länsstyrelsen Östergötland, sharpened the coronavirus regulations locally in Östergötland. According to this, the Municipality of Norrköping have decided on the following measures, with the aim of reducing the rapid spread of covid-19.
Functions that are affected by the new and sharper restrictions
- Norrköping Municipality strongly advises against visits to special accommodations for elderly and people with dementia, as well as visits to group- or service accommodations.
- The libraries will be closed for the general public. Booked visits for groups of children will in some cases be allowed.
- Norrköpings Konstmuseum (Art museum) and Norrköpings Stadsmuseum (City museum) as well as Visualiseringscenter will be closed for the general public. All programs, exhibitions, screenings and other arrangements are cancelled.
- The municipal bathing facilities will be closed for the general public. This also includes the smaller bathing facilities in Norrköpings outer areas – Råsslabadet, Åbybadet, and Skärblackabadet. The bathing facilities will only be open for school education purposes as well as associations within the recommended age group.
- The youth recreation centres will be closed during evening activities that include youths born before the year 2005.
- When renting sports halls the information and the common advice shall be followed. This means rental can only be implemented for sport activities for those of age 15 (2005) or younger.
- Ice rinks will be closed for the general public. This also includes the general public’s ice skating.
- Kulturskolan will remain open but with the restriction of education only being held for children of age 15 (2005) or younger.
- Stadsarkivet (The City Archives) will be closed for visits but will hand out documents for orders through phone 011-15 11 75 or e-mail email@example.com.
Kontaktcenters (Contact Centre’s) reception will remain opened, but to reduce the risk of spreading the virus the general public is advised to i fpossible refrain from visiting and instead get in touch with the Contact Centre via phone 011-15 00 00 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The limitation of crowd gatherings of a maximum of 50 people that Länsstyrelsen Östergötland has decided on, will remain for all public gatherings and public events in Norrköping. This means that Cnema and Louis de Geer will remain opened but within the restrictions that apply.
The stricter advice is applicable until November 19th, but may be extended. The municipality may also have to decide on further actions.
The following applies to employees within Norrköping Municipality’s operations
- Physical meetings shall be avoided and instead take place digitally. If a meeting needs to take place physically, it must be in a room where it is possible to keep distance. At no time during the meeting congestion may occur.
- Employees are encouraged to work from home to a higher extent than before to prevent the spread of covid-19. The question is to be solved in mutual agreement with the responsible manager.
- Necessary educations, conferences, events, and workplace meetings shall, as far as possible, take place digitally. Educations, conferences, events or workplace meetings that cannot be carried out digitally and are not necessary, must be canceled.
- Municipal activities that are not carrying a care system or similar, may need to close, alternatively limit opening hours or limit the number allowed to participate in the activity.
- Visits to municipal functions must be limited to prevent the spread of covid-19. The functions might change the opening hours or give visitors the opportunity to a digital meeting. The exception is visits where a physical appearance is a needed.
- Business trips should, where possible, be canceled and postponed. If an employee needs to participate in a meeting outside their workplace, the employee must as a first choice cycle or walk, or for second instance use a municipal car. Travel by public transport should be avoided.
Further actions of the municipality
- The municipality will expand supervision of restaurant operations
- Communication efforts in order to reach employees, residents and visitors will be expanded.